A despondent young woman who had lost her job and her house had decided to commit suicide.

 A despondent young woman who had lost her job and her house had decided to commit suicide.


She was walking along a bridge across the harbor, getting the nerve to jump in, when a young man saw her.


"Don't do it!" he called out. He looked at her and realized she was incredibly beautiful. He came closer.


"What's wrong?" he asked. The woman told him.


"Okay, here's the thing," he said. "I'm a crew member on a ship that leaves for Europe tomorrow morning. How about you come with me on the ship. I'll bring you food and drink." He slid his arm around her. "I keep you happy, you keep me happy." 


She agreed. After all, there wasn't much else to do. She didn't have family. The man was quite handsome as well. No harm in trying.


The next morning, he hid her in one of the lifeboats on the ship with a pillow and a blanket. Every night, he brought her three sandwiches and a piece of fruit, and they made love until dawn.


One day, about a week after the affair started, the captain was doing his rounds and found her inside one of the lifeboats. "What the hell are you doing here?" She explained what was going on.


"I get food and a trip to Europe, and he gets to screw me." 


"He sure does, sweetheart. This is the Sydney Harbor Ferry."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post