Two sisters, one blonde and one brunette, inherit the family ranch

 Two sisters, one blonde and one brunette, inherit the family ranch




Unfortunately, after just a few years, they are in financial trouble.


In order to keep the bank from repossessing the ranch, they need to purchase a bull so that they can breed their own stock.


The brunette balances their checkbook, then takes their last $600 dollars out west to another ranch where a man has a prize bull for sale. Upon leaving, she tells her sister, *"When I get there, if I decide to buy the bull, I'll contact you to drive out after me and haul it home."*


The brunette arrives at the man’s ranch, inspects the bull, and decides she does want to buy it. The man tells her that he can sell it for $599, no less.


After paying him, she drives to the nearest town to send her sister a telegram to tell her the news. 


She walks into the telegraph office, and says, *"I want to send a telegram to my sister telling her that I've bought a bull for our ranch. I need her to hitch the trailer to our pick-up truck and drive out here so we can haul it home."*


The telegraph operator explains that he'll be glad to help her, then adds, *"It’s just 99 cents a word."*


Well, with only $1 left after paying for the bull, the brunette realizes that she’ll only be able to send her sister one word.


After thinking for a few minutes, she nods, and says, *“I want you to send her the word, 'comfortable.'”*


The telegraph operator shakes his head. *"How is she ever going to know that you want her to hitch the trailer to your pick-up truck and drive out here to haul that bull back to your ranch if you send her the word, 'comfortable'?"*

The brunette explains, *"My sister’s blonde. She’ll read it slow."*

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post